POSTS

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sausages wrapped in pastry


I was planning to post this pre-Christmas to tell you about Manu's Menu and her wonderful recipe menus to inspire some beautiful cooking over the festive period. 
But alas we had home internet dramas so no posts from me, but really there is nothing lost as her recipes are perfect for any occasion!

In fact my sausages were completely inspired by Manu's recipe for Cotechino en Croute.
To be honest I didn't even know what cotechino is but Manu has perfect step-by-step recipes with photos that make cooking any of her recipes possible.
So I decided to instead of using fancy Italian sausage (sorry Manu!) to use some beautiful maple bacon sausages from the farmers market.


These were really a simple concept that makes a sausage taste super delicious.
I browned my sausages then wrapped in some short crust pastry.


By cutting slits in puff pastry you can create a design to stretch over the pastry wrapped sausage.


Then bake the sausages until lovely and brown.


I served them simply with some balsamic maple spinach.


What a delicious dish! 
My family love sausages and so I like to try and find creative ways to serve them, do you have any favourite sausage recipes?


Please hop over and check out Manu's blog, you will definitely find something you love!
I was lucky enough to win my copy of her Christmas Menu's but you can buy your own, does not cost much and you will love it :)


4 comments:

  1. Aaawwwwwwwwwwwww THANK YOU so much! I love the idea of using other kinds of sausages too, in fact those maple bacon sausages you used are making me really hungry! <3 Great job with the decorations as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg what a fun idea! COmpletely transforms the simple and humble sausage dinner. Yet, the possibilities are endless too haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over looking for sourdough recipes and have discovered that you wrapped pastry in pastry - now that is impressive ;D Love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These babies look gorgeous! One of these with a salad for a summer dinner, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment