POSTS

Friday, December 13, 2013

Chocolate Pretzel Beer Toffee


I stumbled upon this recipe for Chocolate Pretzel Beer Toffee by The Beeroness.

I'm telling you now that if you want to make a homemade gift for that beer lovin' guy or gal in your life then this is the recipe.


In fact I don't even like beer but this toffee is incredible, the balance of flavours with the sugar, beer and butter just works.


The toffee is made with just that - beer (amber ale), butter and sugar (I used raw).
Its thick and glossy, then sets hard but not too hard.


The chocolate (70%) is melted with hot beer tipped over it. Mine did seize but I managed to rescue it with more beer!


Then top the chocolate with smashed pretzels.


Set in the fridge then cut into generous sized chunks.


I'm hoping the recipients are happy!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my word. This sounds absolutely AMAZING!! :-) I would happily devour piece after piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love chocolate, pretzels, beer and toffee so this combo sounds freaking amazing! might actually face my fear of boiling sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made something similar without beer and it is SO good! My friends ask for it every year for Christmas too which is nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks SO awesome. who would have thought beer would go so well in a treat like this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such an exciting treat - the addition of beer is so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you had me at the name! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment